I am asking my readers and subscribers to use my new form to tell me something about yourself. This short from will also give you an opportunity to subscribe if you have not already done so. I will prompt you again at the end.
If you observe Halloween, you and your children may be munching on all that disgusting candy out of the plastic pumpkin or some other Chinese-made device. Now is the time to be thinking of those ingredient labels. You will find that it is not really food (or candy for that matter). It is basically an HFCS injection, coupled with a variety artificial flavors and colors. Worse yet, if it is “diet” candy with the factory-made artificial sweeteners, it will help you get fatter and hungrier, studies have concluded.Dr. Mercola, at Mercola.com, had put out a nice Halloween treat the other day that talks about the chocolate candy vs. real chocolate. Here is a couple excerpts:
Even many so-called “natural” chocolates may contain some of these unhealthy ingredients — avoid them at all costs…
- Trans fat — An artery-clogging type of fat that forms when vegetable oils are hardened into margarine or shortening.
- High-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) — Contains no enzymes, vitamins or minerals, and leeches micronutrients from your body. Raises your blood sugar levels beyond acceptability, and leads to insulin resistance and weight gain. It really is a metabolic poison and, in many ways, acts identical to alcohol with chronic exposure when eaten in high amounts.
- Artificial sweeteners — Never allow anything “artificial” in your chocolate.
- Soy proteins — Unfermented soy can cause digestive distress and a weakened immune system.
- Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) — An excitotoxin, which over-excites your cells to the point of damage or total destruction. Can potentially cause brain damage and other disabilities to varying degrees.
- Preservatives and stabilizers — Avoid anything artificial and look for only organic ingredients.
- Milk or milk byproducts — Could impact how well you absorb the healthy antioxidants in the chocolate.
Dr. Mercola then reveals a deep, dark health secret about the cacao bean. It is a high level of a powerful, antioxidant called resveratrol:
Resveratrol is a very potent antioxidant compound produced by certain fruits and vegetables including grapes, raspberries, mulberries, and peanuts.
In fact, scientists report dark chocolate, baking chocolate, and cocoa powder all contain significant levels of resveratrol.
This potent antioxidant is somewhat different from the rest. It not only helps you neutralize free radicals, but can also cross your blood-brain barrier to help protect your brain and nervous system. . .