A marvelous food tour in the Slovenian countryside is coming up in June, and Sylvia Onusic says there are a few openings still left–and she has extended the deadline for registering. I have selected just two days of the eight-day itinerary to show here. See the full itinerary and some of the menus here.
TRIGLAV HOTEL, 4* / (D) DAY 2 – MONDAY, 6 JUNE
- 9.15 – depart by bus to Radovljica
- 9.30 – visit to Apiculture Museum with guided tour
- 11.00 – visit to Honey Bread Museum at Gostilna Lectar
- 12.15 –return by bus to Bled, time at leisure, stroll along the Lake, sample a Kremsnita and coffee at a lakeside cafe.
- 13.15 – lunch (optional)
- 14.00 – depart to Lake Bohinj, a natural Alpine glacial lake, and Bohinj villages.
- 14.30 – visit local farm, cheese tasting of local indigenous cheeses like “Mohant”
- 16.00 – stop in Studor, a picturesque Bohinj village
- 16.15 – visit to dairy museum in Stara Fuzina
- 17.15 – visit Bohinj Sirarna (Cheese Producers) in Srednja vas, sample the indigenous cheese “Bohinski sir, “ and other local dairy products
- 18.45 –visit Drago Kotnik in Cesnjice, a beekeeper who makes honey products and sparkling wine from honey; honey tasting, cakes, and wine tasting, local music
- 19.30 – dinner at “Gostilna Francka pri Hrvatu” in Srednja vas, featuring local cuisine
- Return to Bled
TRIGLAV HOTEL, 4* / (B,D) DAY 3 – TUESDAY, 7 JUNE
- 9.00 – depart to Postojna
- 10.30 – visit Predjama Castle
- 12.00 – depart to the Goriska Brda region of Slovenia
- 13.15 – wine and brandy tasting at Stekar Winery with fingerfood lunch
- 15.00 – sparkling wine tasting at Bjana Winery
- 16.30 – accommodation
- 18.30 – visit to estate cellar and wine tasting at Movia Winery with Ales Kristancic, »Magician of Movia« and Founder of »Slow Food Slovenia«
- 20.00 – dinner at Movia Winery with Ales and Vesna Kristancic
KOZANA BOUTIQUE HOTEL, 3*/ (B, L,D) DAY 4 – WEDNESDAY, 8 JUNE
- 8.30 – depart to Stanjel
- 9.30 – arrive Stanjel, walking tour of the town
- 10.45 –Prosciutto and charcuterie tasting, accompanied by Teran wine at Boris Lisjak Winery in Dutovlje
- 12.15 – depart to Goce
- 13.00 – Slow Food lunch at Cejkotova domacija
- 16.15 – depart to Lipica
- 17.00 – visit the stud farm, home of the Lippizaner Stallions
See the full itinerary and some of the menus here.